Garage doors are designed to be reliable, durable and long-lasting, but your garage door is likely to get a little scuffed up at some point or another. If your garage door is dented, it can take a toll on the curb appeal of your home and reduce the strength of your garage door. The good news is that there are things you can do to get your garage door repaired and looking like new again. Read on to learn about some tips!
How to fix a garage door dent
If your garage door has a small dent and you don’t want to pay for professional garage door repair in Nampa, ID, there are a few DIY methods that you can try. However, larger dents in your garage door will require professional equipment to properly repair. If you are dealing with a larger garage door dent or you have been unsuccessful with your DIY repair attempts, you should reach out to a professional who specializes in garage door repair in Nampa, ID for assistance. Here are some tips that you can try to fix a dented garage door on your own:
- Clean your garage door: Before you can try to repair a dent in your garage door, you need to clean the spot so that you can assess the damage. Use a gentle cleaner, like diluted dish soap, and a soft cloth or sponge to clear away dirt and grime. Once you clean the area, you can assess the size of the dent to determine whether you can try to fix it on your own or if you should call a professional for garage door repair in Nampa, ID. After it has dried completely, you can begin fixing the dent.
- Cover the dent with foil: Once the area is thoroughly cleaned and dried, apply a strip of tin foil to the dent. Lay the foil flat so that it covers the dent completely. Hold down the edges of the foil with one hand so that you can apply heat with the other hand.
- Apply heat: Using a heat source like a lighter, heat the foil covering your dent. Move the heat source around for about a minute until the entire dent has been heated.
- Use compressed air: Next, remove the foil from your garage door and use a can of compressed air to apply liquid carbon dioxide to the dent. You can do this by turning your compressed air canister upside down before pulling the trigger.
- Wait: After following each of these steps, wait a couple of minutes to see whether the dent has disappeared. If this method doesn’t work, reach out to a professional for garage door repair in Nampa, ID.
Get garage door repair in Nampa, ID
If you need professional garage door repair in Nampa, ID, reach out to the team of experts at Haney Door Service. Since 1986, we have been proud to provide quality garage door products, parts, servicing, maintenance and accessories to our customers. No matter what your specific garage door needs may be, our team is equipped with the skills, experience and training necessary to help you. Give us a call today to find out more about everything that we have to offer or to request a quote.
Categorised in: Garage Door Repair