Now that the flowers are beginning to bloom and the weather is warming up, you might begin to look at that long list of spring cleaning tasks you wrote up. It’s a great idea to tackle cleaning or repair projects now so you can enjoy the lazier summer months feeling good. One area that you might overlook, however, is your garage door.
The spring is often an excellent time for garage door repair in Nampa, ID, because winter months can really batter the doors. But on top of repair, there’s a lot more you can do to prep your garage door for the summer. Read on for more information:
- Make it look like new again: As with all things around your home, your garage door can look worlds better with the investment of some elbow grease and time. Take an afternoon to clean your garage door—both inside and outside—and you’ll give your home a facelift with a tiny price tag.
- Check the components: The garage door looks simple, but it includes lots of parts working harmoniously together to make your life easier. Take a look at things like cables, hinges, supports, etc. If you notice that anything feels loose or looks like it has experienced lots of wear and tear, it’s time to replace them.
- Baby the weather stripping: Weather stripping and insulation help to manage the temperature within your garage, which is important given that the garage is generally not hooked up to an HVAC system. During the winter, the weather can cause damage to these parts, so it’s a great idea to check on them and replace any damaged pieces in the spring.
- Add lubrication: Because garage doors include lots of different moving parts, making sure to keep them lubricated will do two things: help the door move more quietly along the track and help to prevent damage. There is a special lubricant made for garage doors, so simply applying a bit of this to places like rollers, tracks, hinges and weather stripping is a great way to prepare your door for the summer.
- Pay attention to the springs: The garage door’s springs are a key component of the whole machine, and they will not last forever. But if you take care of them and prevent rusting issues, they should last a long time. One important thing to remember is that you should never replace a garage door spring yourself. They are under immense pressure and could potentially fly across the garage and cause serious injury. Call a professional to help with any spring issues.
If you need any help with the maintenance and repair noted above, it’s time to look into garage door repair in Nampa, ID. Look no further than Haney Door Service, a family-owned business that has over 30 years in the industry.
Since 1986, Haney Door Service has offered a range of services, including installing and repairing garage doors, openers and parts. We are committed to offering high-quality work and parts for the lowest costs around. Call today for more information!
Categorised in: Garage Door Repair