Homeowners insurance is an important form of coverage for people who want to protect their investment in their house and their personal items, but it’s not always easy to understand how it works or what it covers. If you need garage door repair in Nampa, ID, you might be wondering whether your policy offers the coverage that you need. Read on to find out more about homeowners insurance and garage door repairs.
Homeowners insurance basics
Like any type of insurance, homeowners insurance policies can vary greatly in the extent of the coverage that they provide. While most homeowners insurance covers some kinds of garage door repairs and replacement, your exact circumstances will determine the extent of the coverage, if there is any at all. Understanding the different circumstances that might warrant garage door repair in Nampa, ID can help give you a better idea of what your insurance policy might cover:
- Damage caused by your vehicle: If you back into your garage door, the cost of repair might not be covered. Auto insurance policies don’t usually cover damage to personal property. Depending on the details of your home insurance policy, however, you might be covered. You’ll need to speak with your homeowners insurance representative to be sure.
- Damage caused by another vehicle: If someone else’s vehicle damages your garage door, garage door repair will be covered either by that individual’s auto insurance company or by your homeowners insurance policy. Regardless of which policy covers the repairs, you can feel confident that, in most cases, damage caused by another vehicle will be covered in full.
- Vandalism: Almost all homeowners insurance policies cover damage caused by vandalism or criminal mischief. As soon as you see damage from vandalism of your garage door, you should contact your insurance provider to file a claim and find out more about the process for covering your garage door repair in Nampa, ID.
- Wear and tear: Regular wear and tear is to be expected from a garage door, and this is usually considered to be the responsibility of the homeowner. Most homeowners insurance policies to not cover repairs, maintenance or replacement for issues related to regular use. You will need to examine the terms of your insurance policy to determine your specific coverage when it comes to garage door wear and tear.
- Weather-related damage: Extreme weather, like high winds, hailstorms and falling tree limbs, can cause damage to garage doors, and this kind of damage is commonly covered by homeowners insurance.
Schedule garage door repair in Nampa, ID
Get professional assistance with garage door repair in Nampa, ID by reaching out to the team at Haney Door Service. Since 1986, we have been dedicated to delivering high quality garage door services, including repair, replacement, installation and maintenance. Regardless of what your specific needs may be, our team is here to make the process as easy as possible for you. Give us a call today to find out more about all of the services we have to offer and get started with a consultation and quote!
Categorised in: Garage Door Repair