As a homeowner, you know the importance of regular maintenance and investing in home improvements. All these things are worthwhile since they can directly contribute to your overall property value. There’s a greater chance that you can make more money when the time comes to sell your house, as well as just live in the home yourself while having the pleasure of knowing its increased value. One such improvement is investing in garage door repair in Nampa, ID, or just replacing it if it’s beyond repair.
A new quality garage door can deliver a significant return during a home sale of nearly the amount on its price tag. In fact, a garage door replacement is considered to be one of the most valuable investments homeowners can make. Another way of putting it is that this particular project, though a seemingly simple one, offers a rather high return on investment (ROI). Depending on where you live, a new garage door can mean an ROI of over 100 percent!
A good ROI is one thing, but a new garage door offers other benefits as well. Here are some ways garage door repairs or replacement can help boost the value of your home by the end of the year:
- Curb appeal: You don’t have to be putting your house on the market to benefit from improved curb appeal. The look of the outside of your home should be warm and welcoming, clean and neat, from the paint on the trim to the landscaping. Another contributor to a home’s appearance is the garage door. When choosing a new door, choose a panel style and color that matches the aesthetics of your home. If you’re selling, the outside features are what will attract prospective buyers to come inside for a closer look.
- Safety and security: Modern garage door features and technology can keep your home safe and secure. Sensing photo eyes prevent the door from moving when an object is in the way, and an updated garage door opener system can keep intruders and wildlife out.
- Energy efficiency and savings: When you have an energy efficient garage door, you will save on your monthly energy costs. It keeps the outside air out of your home while maintaining the internal temperature of the garage. Ultimately, the older the garage door, the higher your energy costs will be. Additionally, an insulated door can increase the value of your home by 4 percent.
- Better function: A common complaint of garage door owners is their door creating a lot of noise when opening and closing. Getting stuck often is another irritation. If your garage door is old and not as smooth when opening as it used to be, it may be time to replace it.
- Lower maintenance costs: A new garage door can only offer value to your home if it’s not a burden. An old door will need a lot of repairs and maintenance, while a new one won’t when it’s properly installed.
For more information about new garage door installation or to schedule an appointment for garage door repair in Nampa, ID, look no further than Haney Door Service. Our pros are ready to help!
Categorised in: Garage Door Repair